Field Service Engineer – Scientific Analysis Instruments
Metrohm Australia Pty Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of scientific instrument manufacturer Metrohm (Switzerland).
We are looking for someone with experience in instrumentation and/or working in a laboratory environment wanting to venture into a new role. Ideally you have experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, servicing and repairing laboratory instruments. It’s your chance to be an integral part of dynamic service team and make an immediate impact!
As a Field Service Engineer, you will:
- Apply your technical knowledge and experience to solve technical problems and perform repairs onsite, in the workshop and via phone or email.
- Install analytical systems and train users in the correct use of them.
- Travel to customer sites for repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Assure that repair, calibration and service work is performed in compliance with the manufacturer specifications.
- Provide application support to customers as required.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships and promote Metrohm service products.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in maintaining analytical instrumentation.
- Experience in the calibration and troubleshooting of instruments.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- The ability to work with electronic test equipment and tools for repairs.
- Extraordinary organisational skills to balance customer visits and requests, documentation and reporting to supervisors and management.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft CRM.
- A background in chemistry or electronics, potentially to degree level would be advantageous.
This position requires a highly motivated individual that is capable of completing assigned tasks with little to no supervision.
- The position is based in Brisbane, with support responsibilities for all of Queensland as well as other states (required occasionally).
- Duties include, but are not limited to: troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, installation, repair and calibration activities
- Inventory and time management is crucial.
- Must be able to complete administrative tasks associated with field service.
- This position requires regular overnight travel.
Why Work for Us?
- Our innovative, high quality products are found in laboratories of all kinds, academic, industrial, research, food and beverage, quality control, processing, manufacturing and mining and all over the world.
- You will be professionally trained on the use, service and repairs of cutting edge analytical instruments.
- As part of a growing organisation you will be part of a progressive and high-energy team, focused on excelling in quality customer service.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please follow this link to send your resume and cover letter to Mr Michael Thomson.